Sunday, April 5, 2015

What can I give my rabbit as a treat?

Rabbits loves to eat anything like me babies they love to eat desserts like biscuits and sugar free cookies, vegetables down to the most unusual electric wires, earphone wires and sides of my tables. At first I was kinda annoyed and nervous what if they ate a wires and it retains it in they body it will lead to sudden death.

When I started having a rabbits in my house I would give whatever I have in my place. But I kept thinking what should I give my rabbit as a treat? When I tried to give them super sweet treat they became super active like the chocolates activated there body to be energetic. So I had gave them vegetables I did noticed some vegetable makes their poop wet, then I did experimentation I found out lettuce, carrots and water crest (the leaves only). Do not give them cabbage according to the vet. cabbage contain high amount of sugar and makes their poop wet.


Do rabbits love to eat fruits? A big YES they love to eat fruits also. In my case my babies loves to dig in strawberries and cherries (expensive fruits in our country). Maybe the thingy sweet sensation the strawberries gave them is the key why they love to eat strawberries. I do have one rabbits who loves to eat bananas I tried giving them to other rabbits but they do not like it. So I come to thinking rabbits also have different taste buds.


We always wanted to see our bunnies to be happy but be careful what to feed them. It may cause them health issues so always give treats in minimal amount and do an experimentation. 

What do you give your rabbits as a treat?




Feel free to share your experiences and ask any questions you may have in mind I will to answer those.


No comments:

Post a Comment